Super Visa Canada for Parents & Grandparents
The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada as long-term visitors. Thus successful applicants will not be required to renew their visitor visa every six months, as they will be granted a multi-entry visitor visa valid for two years at a time with expiry date up to 10 years. You can apply online or on paper to get a parent and grandparent super visa. There are also specific requirements that you must meet to be able to apply.
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must: be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada; be allowed to enter Canada and meet certain other conditions.
Super Visa Requirements
Your parent(s)s and/or grandparent(s) may be eligible for a multiple-entry visa for up to 10 years depending on individual circumstances. With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parent(s) and grandparent(s )can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.
Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave at the end of your visit. An officer will consider following factors when you apply:
- your ties to your home country,
- the purpose of your visit,
- your family and finances,
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also:
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
- provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
- have an immigration medical exam.
When you apply for a parent and grandparent super visa, include the following people when calculating family size:
- the child or grandchild inviting you;
- the spouse of the child or grandchild inviting you;
- the dependants of the child or grandchild inviting you;
- any dependants travelling with you;
- any other person whom the child or grandchild inviting you is currently sponsoring or co-signing for; and
Please note citizens from 29 countries and 1 territory need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when they apply for a visa.
Our Professional Fees
© Copyright 2018 RightWayCanada.com. All Rights Reserved