The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada as long-term visitors. Thus successful applicants will not be required to renew their visitor visa every six months, as they will be granted a multi-entry visitor visa valid for two years at a time with expiry date up to 10 years. You can apply online or on paper to get a parent and grandparent super visa. There are also specific requirements that you must meet to be able to apply.
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must: be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada; be allowed to enter Canada and meet certain other conditions.
Your parent(s)s and/or grandparent(s) may be eligible for a multiple-entry visa for up to 10 years depending on individual circumstances. With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parent(s) and grandparent(s )can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.
Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave at the end of your visit. An officer will consider following factors when you apply:
- your ties to your home country,
- the purpose of your visit,
- your family and finances
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country
- invitation letter from host
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
- provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year
- have an immigration medical exam.
Our Canadian immigration services include different options where you can choose between Full Representation, Final Review and Do-It-Yourself packages. If you have any questions, you can book consultation to speak with immigration consultant in Toronto.